To create a translation of one of our plugins, you can use a program called Poedit. Using the default .pot file that we provide, it’s quite simple to use Poedit to create a translation file in the language of your choice. You can do the following:
1. The default .pot file is located in the “lang” folder in the plugin files. Download this file to your computer.
2. If you don’t already have it, download and install Poedit (from here: https://poedit.net/).
3. Open Poedit. Click “File > Open” and choose the .pot file you downloaded. Then click the “Create new translation” button.
4. It will prompt you to choose the language of your translation. Choose the appropriate one and click “OK”.
5. Now, for each translatable string, you’ll be able to provide a translation in the “Translation” area.
6. When you’re done, click “File > Save As”. It will default the name of the translation to the correct language and country code for your language (for example: “fr_FR”). Make sure you add “ultimate-faqs-” before the name (for example: “ultimate-faqs-fr_FR.po”). Then save the file. This will create both the .po and .mo files.
7. Upload these files to the “lang” folder. If you’d like us to include your translation in a future release of the plugin, you can send the files to firstname.lastname@example.org.